The Village of Chryston - North Lanarkshire - Scotland
CHRYSTON PARISH CHURCH - NEW HALL and TIME CAPSULE
On Thursday 8th May 2003, the new Church Hall of Chryston Parish Church was dedicated in a service conducted by the
Moderator of the Presbytery of Glasgow, Rev. Norman Shanks, before a congregation of about 300 which included church
members, representatives of other local churches, organisations and local council dignatories. After the service all were
invited into the new hall for refreshments.
The new complex, sited to the north of the Church building with adjoining passages, comprises a large hall on the upper
floor with a panoramic view of the Campsie hills and on the ground floor a small hall, kitchen, cafe and lounge area and
committee room. It is hoped that this new facility will provide excellent premises for the use of the wider community in
addition to church requirements.
On the 11th following the communion service a time capsule was placed in a wall of the new building by the minister Rev
Martin Allen assisted by Neil Kidd senior elder. In the capsule, marked 'to be opened in 2103 were placed the following
items and in so doing span the years of Church witness in Chryston from 1845 to 2003.
In this capsule were placed the following items: Purpose statement of the church 'see unbelieving people become mature
followers of Jesus Christ within the Church'.
Copies of the documents recovered from the capsule found on 2nd November 2002 at the Church Hall demolition.
The Story of Chryston Parish Church.
The Story of Chryston
The Story of 1st Chryston Boys' Brigade Company
Welcome to Chryston booklet
Church Directory of Members 2003
Chryston Parish Church News 2002/3
Life and Work Magazine May 2003
Congregational Financial Accounts 2002
Church Service and Intimation Sheet March 2003
Coins - Queen Mother Jubilee Coin 2002
Set of Coinage 2003
Various local photographs 2003
Map of the Area
Communion Token of Free Church 1845
Kirkintilloch Herald 30th April 2003